PhD Position (m/f) in the field of microplastic research
(Helmholtz-Zentrum für Umweltforschung)
Veröffentlicht am: 05.02.2016
Excellent technical facilities
Top level interdisciplinary research
The Helmholtz Centre for Environmental Research (UFZ) with its 1,100 employees has gained an excellent reputation as an international competence centre for environmental sciences. We are part of the largest scientific organisation in Germany, the Helmholtz association. Our mission: Our research seeks to find a balance between social development and the long-term protection of our natural resources.
The Department of Analytical Chemistry offers a PhD position in the field of microplastic research.
PhD Position (m/f)
Project starts in April, working time 50% (19.5 hours per week), limited to 3 years
- Development of analytical techniques for detection and quantification of microplastics in environmental samples and biological systems based on multi-element analysis and imaging techniques
- Development of extraction methods for microplastics from environmental samples
- Establishment of size fractionation techniques for microplastics
- Identification of sources and sinks as well as quantification of mass flow of microplastics in urban water cycles
- Organization of field sampling campaigns
- Project reporting and presentation of results on conferences and internal project meetings
- Master degree in chemistry, biology, environmental sciences, geo-ecology, or similar subject
- First experiences in fields of microplastic analysis, ICP-MS, laser ablation or Raman spectroscopy are of advantage
- Fluent in English and proficiency in German of advantage
- Top level interdisciplinary research at a research centre which enjoys an excellent reputation within Germany as well as internationally
- Excellent technical facilities
- Work in inter-disciplinary and multinational teams
- Excellent links to national and international research networks
- Support and optimal training courses by our graduate school (HIGRADE)
- Remuneration in accordance with the TVöD public-sector pay grade 13 (50%)
Equal opportunities are an integral part of our personnel policy; we therefore particularly welcome applications from qualified women. Severely disabled persons are given priority where applicants are equally qualified.
Your contact for any questions you may have about the job:
Mr Dr Stephan Wagner
Closing date for applications:
Place of work: Leipzig
Please use our online application system for your application.
More information about jobs at the UFZ: www.ufz.de/career
WICHTIG: Bitte berufen Sie sich in Ihrer Bewerbung auf JOBVERDE.de. Wir wünschen viel Erfolg!