PhD Position (m/f) in the Department Effect-Directed Analysis
(Helmholtz-Zentrum für Umweltforschung)
Veröffentlicht am: 03.03.2016
Excellent technical facilities
The Helmholtz Centre for Environmental Research (UFZ) with its 1,100 employees has gained an excellent reputation as an international competence centre for environmental sciences. We are part of the largest scientific organisation in Germany, the Helmholtz association. Our mission: Our research seeks to find a balance between social development and the long-term protection of our natural resources.
The Department Effect-Directed Analysis offers a PhD position in the field of high-throughput LC-HRMS
PhD Position (m/f)
Working time 50% (19.5 hours per week), limited to 3 years.
- Establishment and application of high-throughput LC-HRMS screening on European water samples
- Selection of sampling sites by evaluation of landuse patterns using GIS
- Development of a multivariate approach for the analysis of contamination patterns
- Identification and characterisation of source-related patterns in European water samples
- Master in Analytical Chemistry, Environmental Sciences, Chemo- or Bioinformatics
- Experience in instrumental analysis, particularly LC-MS
- Enthusiasm for and expertise in chemometrics and multivariate statistics
- Interest in environmental interdisciplinary research
- Excellent computer skills
- Good command of English, command of German appreciated
- Top level interdisciplinary research at a research centre which enjoys an excellent reputation within Germany as well as internationally
- Excellent technical facilities
- Work in inter-disciplinary and multinational teams
- Excellent links to national and international research networks
- Support and optimal training courses by our graduate school (HIGRADE)
- Remuneration in accordance with the TVöD public-sector pay grade 13 (50%)
Equal opportunities are an integral part of our personnel policy; we therefore particularly welcome applications from qualified women. Severely disabled persons are given priority where applicants are equally qualified.
Your contact for any questions you may have about the job:
Mrs. Monique Salzmann
Closing date for applications:
Place of work: Leipzig
Please use our online application system for your application.
More information about jobs at the UFZ: www.ufz.de/career
WICHTIG: Bitte berufen Sie sich in Ihrer Bewerbung auf JOBVERDE.de. Wir wünschen viel Erfolg!